We only stayed for two night at the Best Western. The rooms were a good size and very clean. We stay there for location to where we were doing business. The customer service was just ok. The breakfast wasn't the best for westerners.
But no bar.. Rather nice hotel. Good and clean rooms, but no room service. The place is a little off site and you need to take taxi for most activities outside hotel. The beds were hard the traditional Asian way.
"I had a comfortable stay"
stykut, Hong Kong, China
Stayed here for a week when I was on holiday during summer with my family. The hotel has a new look, probably just had their renovation recently as the room I stayed in was newly polished and unexpectedly clean for a hotel in China under four stars. The complementary breakfast was overall delicious. The staff is helpful and friendly, had called the room service several times for adapters and all that and they came up to me within 5 minutes. The hotel is in a great location, so I was able to cab almost anywhere under a fair taxi rate. Overall I would recommend this hotel, a great value for the price, will definitely stay here again when I visit Xiamen!
HappyYeung, Hong Kong
Had a stay of 10-nights at the hotel, overall quality was acceptable, considering the amount u paid. But there were certain areas needed improvements:
1. the air-con cannot be controlled, the room temp was always 23-26 degrees, too warm for me!
2. the breakfast certainly brought forwarded food left over from dinner buffet, or vice versa. Food served in the 2/F cafe was not satisfactory.
3. the building was adjacent to a commercial building which the staff will tell u nth can be done to deal with the renovation noises from 8am during weekends.
4. the room seemed to be vacant for some time, quite dusty when i entered the room, similar situations were experience by my colleagues.
"Decent room, breakfast and lunch ok, dinner awful"
Mic C, Boise, Idaho
- Location is very good. Easy to get a cab to get around.
- Room is clean and well kept. Decent size.
- Responsive staff. The TV in my room was malfunctioning and they came and replaced it. AC was not working, they came and explained that the AC is not turned out during this time of the year (November) and asked that we open the window.
- Wifi is free, but can be quite slow.
- Breakfast and lunch is ok.
- Nobody speaks English. Good thing, I was traveling with someone who speaks the language.
- Dinner was awful because I noticed the food was from lunch! I had lunch earlier during that day and had dinner there the same day. Food was cold and I bet some of the food sat there for hours. I ended up getting a bad diarrhea for a couple days.
- AC is not on, so during the day, it can get quite hot.
This is a franchise best western so I wasn't too surprised about the quality and food safety.